Season Two : The T-Shirt Challenge

It's my favorite week! The T-shirt Challenge. Before we get to our awesome crafts let me send a big congratulations to the winner of last weeks Wild Card Round:


 

with her men's shirt turned stylish cardigan. I want it for myself!





And now for this weeks entries after the jump...





T-shirt to Bucket Hat

I really do love a good T-shirt upcycle, so when Robin gave us this challenge for week 2, I was very excited to get going!

I chose to upcycle this T-shirt that had been sitting in my wardrobe all Summer unworn.  It had lost it's shape at the bottom and had become unwearable.  So...refashion time!


I decided to turn it into a cute bucket hat, but with a bit of a twist.  I love those little upturned sleeves with the buttons, so I chopped that section off and incorporated it into the hat to give it something special.


And modeled by it's new owner:


Thanks for having me again this week Robin!

T-Shirts to Sunshine Shirt

I have closet full of T-shirts (well, don´t we all?).. and I am happy to say that now I have two less:-)
For this project I used this two:

Since I love spring so much I couldn´t help but make this fun, spring t-shirt refashion. It was super easy and fast so I think I´m going to make at least two more: for my daughter and for my dearest friend in the picture below!




Game Day Tank Top

For the T-shirt Challenge I knew I wanted to upcycle this one particular t-shirt. It is a shirt of my husband's that he doesn't wear anymore because it is too big.





I decided to make myself a game day tank top! I used the bottom part of the shirt for the bottom and the purple sleeves for the top. I put some cute ties on the sides and an elastic casing at the top.



For a finishing touch I cut out the applique that was on the original shirt and sewed it on the bottom part of the shirt! I love it and it will be super comfortable for tailgating!

T-Shirt to Petal Skirt

I'll have the full tutorial on my blog next week (after voting is done).

 Basically I made a petal template from a cereal box and cut out 10 petals out of each color (10 white, 10 black).  I sewed the white and black petals together (right sides), clipped the curves, turned right side out, ironed, and sewed a decorative top-stitch.

I thought the neck opening would be the perfect size for the top of the skirt (for my daughter), and the neck already had the perfect casing needed to slip elastic through to ensure a good fit.

Next I arranged the petals evenly around the skirt (from the neck opening) and sewed them on.  I used the black sleeves to add modesty underneath the petals.

From the limited scraps I had left I was still able to wrap a headband (although I forgot to photograph) and cut out 3 & 4" circles (from the white t-shirts) to make flowers.


I think a certain young lady is pleased with how it turned out :). I hope you like it too & vote for me! :)  I'm really excited for the next challenge!





Thanks and good luck everyone! - Robin

Share:

3 comments